- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 flat mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 baby eggplants, halved lengthways
- 2 baby zucchinis, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into six
- 2 medium yellow squash, halved
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, halved
- Olive or canola oil spray
- Combine oil and juice in a small bowl.
- Brush vegetables with this mixture.
- Heat BBQ and lightly spray with oil.
- Barbecue vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes depending on thickness), turning after 5 minutes.
- Serve hot
Tip: Leave root end of onion in tact to avoid falling apart. If a barbecue is unavailable use a heavy pan with grill markings on a gas hotplate or place vegetables under a grill on a foil-covered tray, turning after 5 minutes.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.