Brekkie Wrap with Egg and Spinach
1 serves of veg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup English spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli (remove seeds), finely diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 medium wholemeal pita bread
- Break eggs into a microwave safe container and whisk.
- Add chives, garlic and stir to combine.
- Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked, checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
- Place spinach leaves in separate bowl and cover with boiling water (wilting). Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, add avocado, onion and chilli, mix or mash.
- Lay pita bread on plate and assemble the wrap, laying the spinach down the middle of the pita bread, then the eggs and lastly the avocado mix.
- Roll into a cylinder, cut in half and serve immediately.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small microwave safe container
- Small bowls