- 500 g chicken thigh or chicken breast fillets, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 1/2 red or green capsicum, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped into 2 cm chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pieces pineapple (canned and drained or fresh pineapple cut into 2 cm chunks)
Honey and Soy Marinade
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce or add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Thread chicken chunks onto skewers that have been pre-soaked in water (prevent burning on BBQ) alternating with a vegetable and one piece of pineapple per skewer.
- Mix the sweet soy sauce, honey and garlic in a bowl.
- Marinate the prepared chicken and vegetable skewer in the honey and soy mixture for 30 minutes in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 180ºC and cook for 20-25 minutes. Alternatively heat the BBQ on a medium heat and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Test the chicken is cooked by inserting a clean skewer into the centre to check that the juices run clear (if pink, cook a little longer).
- Omit chicken and add more vegetables for a vegetarian dish
Chicken can sit in marinade for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator at 5ºC or lower. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days after cooking. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping boards (one for meat, one for vegetable and fruit)
- Large knife
- Sealed plastic container