- 500g chicken mince
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large sprig parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ -1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- A little flour to shape patties
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 6 wholemeal rolls, cut open and spread with sweet chilli sauce
- 3 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Place mince in a large bowl and process all other ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix with chicken mince and enough breadcrumbs to make a soft but manageable texture.
- Divide mixture into six and shape with a little flour to round patties larger than the width of the rolls.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through.
- Serve on a roll with lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices.
- For a beef burger, substitute 500g lean minced beef for chicken.
- Substitute low-fat cottage cheese or labneh for the sweet chilli sauce.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Patties may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large bowl
- Food processor
- Large non-stick frypan
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.