- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 medium capsicum, red or green, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- Brush frying pan with oil.
- Saute chicken for 5–6 minutes until almost cooked.
- Add garlic and onion, cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms, celery and capsicum.
- In a small bowl combine flour and wine. Mix in tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Pour onto chicken and stir well until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Cover and cook for 7–10 minutes until capsicum and celery are tender.
- Stir through spring onions and serve.
- Serve with couscous, pasta or rice.
Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping Board
- Large knife
- Pastry brush
- Large non-stick frypan with lid
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.