Skip links and keyboard navigation
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, sliced in half
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices beetroot (tinned)
- 4 slices low fat cheese or 50g grated low fat cheese
- 8 leaves of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of chutney or relish
- Place beef mince, onion, carrot, zucchini and herbs with egg in large bowl. Gently combine and shape into four hamburgers.
- Preheat BBQ or grill on medium high heat. Brush both sides of the hamburger with oil and cook for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Place lettuce, tomato, beetroot and carrot on bottom half of bread roll, top with hamburger, cheese and chutney or relish and top half of bread roll.
Ingredient alternatives, storage suggestions, equipment list
- Herbs and Spice variations might include, thyme, oregano, chili, rosemary, parsley and basil and garlic
- Minced chicken or lamb can be used instead of beef
- Burgers may be cooked in the oven or on the BBQ
- Cooked meat patties may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- large knife
- Large bowl
- Grill or BBQ
||Quantity per serving
||Quantity per 100g