- 2 cups pasta, penne or spiral*
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups red or yellow capsicum, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic,chopped finely or crushed
- 1 cup English spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock* powder dissolved in 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add oil to large non-stick frypan on medium high heat, add onion, capsicum, celery, zucchini, carrot and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the 2 cups of stock*, oregano to frypan, cover and simmer on medium heat for 8 minutes, add the spinach to wilt, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and rinse pasta in colander, removing most of the water, add to the vegetables and mix through.
- Brush a large baking dish (lasagne style) with olive oil and pour the pasta and vegetable mix in.
- Spread cheddar cheese evenly over the top and then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake in 180ºC oven or under a grill until the cheese has melted and begins to turn golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as a light meal hot or smaller portion as a side salad once cold.
- Use the vegetable stock recipe from our collection for a reduced salt version.
- Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free pasta
Keep in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large saucepan
- Large non-stick frypan with lid
- 1 litre jug
- Pastry brush