- 400 g lean lamb, cut into cubes
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Mix marinade ingredients together in small bowl. Place meat into marinade and coat well.
- Thread meat onto skewers, place in shallow dish pouring over remaining marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (longer if possible).
- Preheat grill or BBQ on high and cook meat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat, allow to sit for one minute.
- Divide lettuce, tomato and onion between pita breads.
- Remove skewer from meat, place meat on each pita bread salad and top with yoghurt, wrap and serve.
- Add other salad ingredients such as tabbouleh, sliced capsicum, grated carrot
- Use tzatziki dip instead of yoghurt
- Replace lamb with beef, chicken or falafel
Meat can marinade in refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Cooked meat can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days or may be stored in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Small bowl
- Skewers ( metal or wooden)
- Grill or BBQ