Warm lemon chicken salad
- 2 small (400g) skinned chicken breasts, skinless, trimmed of fat
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- ½ cup currants
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (120g)
- 2 carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped (including green tops)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- In a small baking dish place chicken, zest and lemon juice, honey, garlic, herbs, currants and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat both sides then cover with a layer of lemon slices.
- Bake covered in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through and chicken juices run clear. Discard herbs, remove chicken to cool and reserve pan juices.
- Place spinach leaves, carrot strips and spring onions in a large serving bowl. Top with thinly sliced chicken, lemon and pan juices. Serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate marinated chicken for as long as time permits, from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Replace baby spinach with leafy green mix.
- Serve immediately.
- Small baking dish
- large serving bowl
- sharp knife
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.