Zucchini, Capsicum, Artichoke and Rice Slice
9 serves of veg
Tasty vegetarian dinners — 4 of 8
- Pumpkin and spinach cannelloni
- Zucchini quiche with rice crust
- Singapore noodles
- Zucchini, Capsicum, Artichoke and Rice Slice
- Vegetable Paella
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Lasagne
- Creamy Cannelini Beans and Tomato
- Fast Vegetable Spaghetti
Now Reading: Zucchini, Capsicum, Artichoke and Rice Slice
- 300g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 medium spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup red capsicum, sliced thinly in rings
- 100g canned/ bottled artichoke heart, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Mix ricotta, milk, half the parmesan, eggs, rice, zucchini,peas, spring onions and mint together in large bowl.
- Pour mixture into slice pan (28x18cm) lined with baking paper, scatter over capsicum and artichoke hearts and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and sunflower seeds.
- Bake in oven at 180ºC for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender and slice is set.
- Cool slightly before slicing.
- Roast or grill capsicum to remove the outer layer of skin for a smokey flavour.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large bowl
- Slice pan