- 5 eggs
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 400g peeled and grated carrot, sweet potato or pumpkin
- 1½ cups drained canned corn kernels or frozen peas
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- olive or canola oil spray
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- green side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan forced).
- Whisk eggs in a medium jug, season with black pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except tomato. Add eggs and stir mixture until well combined.
- Spray a large baking dish with oil. Pour in zucchini mix and flatten with a spoon. Cover with tomato slices arranged in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for 10 minutes before dividing into 6 pieces and cutting into slices.
- Serve with a green side salad.
Serve hot or cold, a healthy favourite for toddlers, children and adults alike. Great to take on a picnic, served as a finger food cut into small squares.
- Substitute other vegetables including baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, chopped asparagus or mushrooms, grated parsnip or potato and add fresh parsley, basil or dill.
- Use fresh or frozen corn instead of tinned.
- Recipe can be frozen. Cool to room temperate and cut into serving slices. Double wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months.
- medium jug
- large baking dish
- serving plates
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia  reproduced with permission.